Planning to be away from your home?
Let Grande Planning LLC attend to your property during your absence. Our services are designed to assist homeowners who travel or reside in alternate locations for extended periods of time. We provide assurance and oversight for your home through onsite inspections as we monitor for signs of immediate or potential damage or danger. We encounter and help to thwart many issues during our visits.
The three most common issues are:
Storm Damage: roof leaks, broken windows, structural damage resulting from flying debris and/or fallen branches.
Faulty Wiring and Failed Appliances: old or exposed wiring, power surges and failed appliances can lead to fire and other serious problems.
Pest Intrusions & Infestations: insects such as ants, termites and other local invasive species can be a nuisance in addition to causing damage to your structure and contents.
Below is a brief summary of some of the areas that we inspect every time we visit your home:
Home Exterior: Check for signs of damage and/or deterioration to roof, gutters, doors, windows, screened lanai and paint condition. Ensure exterior lighting is functioning properly.
Landscaping: Confirm that scheduled lawn and plant maintenance has been performed. Inspect for broken/leaking sprinklers. Make certain that tree branches are trimmed away from the house. Assess coverage of mulch/ground cover to prevent the growth of weeds. Check for areas of standing water.
Interior: Ensure that appliances, plumbing, HVAC units and water heater are operational . All lights , ceiling fans and safety detectors are tested.
Attic and garage: Confirm that there are no leaks and/or animal/pest intrusions.
Security: Certify residence is properly locked and secured upon arrival and departure.
50 Point Residential Assurance Checklist Performed at Every Visit
1. Inspect exterior wall paint/stain
2. Inspect windows, door frames and siding for rotting wood and damage
3. Confirm that hand rails are securely fastened
4. Inspect for insect and rodent infestations/droppings or other animal intrusions
5. Ensure roof is clear of debris
6. Ensure gutters are clear of debris
7. Inspect outdoor showers and spigots for leaks
8. Confirm that windows are intact and not broken
9. Inspect exterior screens for holes and/or damage
10. Test exterior lighting and replace bulbs when necessary
Landscaping and Perimeter
11. Check mailbox for contents
12. Retrieve newspapers, flyers and/or packages
13. Inspect lawn for cutting, edging and brown/dead spots
14. Inspect pruning of bushes, trees
15. Inspect flower beds for sufficient mulch / pine straw
16. Test landscape lighting and replace bulbs when necessary
17. Confirm pool/spa areas are properly cleaned and maintained
18. Confirm that fountain and water features are properly cleaned and maintained
19. Discard landscape debris after storms
General – All Areas of Home
20. Test doorbells prior to entering
21. Confirm that security equipment is operating properly
22. Confirm that all exterior doors are closed, locked and secured
23. Confirm that all windows are closed and locked and secured
24. Inspect ceilings and walls for moisture, mold and water intrusion
25. Inspect windows, skylights and frames for moisture, mold and water intrusion
26. Inspect floors for moisture, mold and water intrusion
27. Inspect for insect and rodent infestations/droppings or other animal intrusions
28. Check and change HVAC filters if necessary
29. Test all interior lighting and replace bulbs when necessary
30. Test ceiling and exhaust fans
31. Test landline phones
32. Inspect breaker box for tripped breakers
33. Confirm water heater breaker is off
34. Confirm thermostats are operating correctly and set to predetermined temperatures
35. Test fire safety equipment such as smoke / carbon monoxide detectors
36. Run faucets
37. Test garbage disposal and check for leaks
38. Confirm that refrigerator and freezer are operating properly
39. Confirm ice maker is empty and shutoff
40. Dispose of perishables
41. Run faucets
42. Flush toilets
43. Confirm exhaust fan is operating properly
44. Inspect condition of grout/caulk in shower and bath tubs
45. Run water in shower and tubs
Attic, Garage, Basement
46. Inspect for leaks, excessive water and mold
47. Inspect insulation and test attic fan
48. Inspect for insect and rodent infestations/droppings or other animal intrusions
49. Confirm garage doors are operating properly
50. Start vehicles
Grande Planning LLC takes the anxiety out of arriving and departing with our convenient Pre-Arrival and Departure services. Pre-arrival service ensures that your home is move-in ready while our Departure service ensures that your home is properly secured upon your exit.
1. Plug in appliances / electrical devices
2. Confirm contract cleaning is completed
3. Confirm water is turned on
4. Confirm water heater is on
5. Check circuit breakers
6. Confirm ice maker is operational
7. Restore furnishings to lanai
8. Confirm all lighting is operating properly
9. Change HVAC filters
10. Set thermostats to comfortable temperature
11. Confirm clocks are set properly
12. Freshen toilets
13. Grocery pickup and storage in refrigerator / pantry
14. Confirm security system is operational and alarm is set
15. Confirm doors and windows are locked